Expert’s Opinion for Dental care needs during Pregnancy
Pregnancy is a stage where women need more care. Maintaining good oral health is necessary for all. Being pregnant doesn’t mean that you will overlook your dental health, but it is more important to keep a check on it during this time. It’s a time to keep your oral health in check because if it is not taken into consideration, then it can affect child health too. During any 24 hours emergency contact your nearest dental clinic.
Some of the basic care tips given by Dr. Sachin Mittal are:
- Pregnant women should eat a balanced diet and brush their teeth thoroughly after every meal to prevent any infection.
- Your dentist should know that you are pregnant so that he can postpone elective dental treatment procedures till delivery.
- Rinse your mouth out with water or a mouth rinse if you have bouts of frequent vomiting.
- Your dentist should know the other medications that the physician has prescribed you. It will be then easier for him to alter dental medicines according to the information.
- Never skip dental health checkup appointments. Pay particular attention to any changes in your gums during pregnancy. If tenderness, bleeding or gum swelling occurs at any time during your pregnancy, talk with your best dentist or periodontist or book an appointment from the best dental clinic near you as soon as possible.